The Beginning of a New Journey in Makeup Reviews  By Felicia Elmore

 Most of us watch youtube (yt) videos everyday, or at least this is true for my family. It was the kids and the husband mostly, at first. Then, slowly, I came around. I learned a lot from watching videos; that anyone could post a video on youtube (literally) lol. Then, I got the wonderful idea that I too could make yt videos. (Facepalm)  I know, I know, anyone can post a yt video, but that doesn't mean we all should.  

So, the more I watched yt, the more I got to see into the world, kind of .  I was amazed at the things I began to see. Anything as simple as music videos to how to's and even surgical procedures on humans and animals and much, much worse that I'm afraid to even discuss.  But, what got me was the makeup videos......that's what lured me in. Seeing all those young women applying foundations and highlighting and conturing, and talking about the products and so on really got my full attention. Not to forget, those beautiful, gorgeous, stunning eyeshadow palettes! What female doesn't like those? 

Here I am, a 36 year old, mother of 3 (all under the age of 7), wanting to create makeup review videos. When I first told my husband my idea, I was expecting a response of something like, "You're crazy" or  "How much is this going to cost?"  That's not at all what I got. To my surprise, he was very approving and encouraging actually. (Yes, I have a wonderful husband). So, knowing I have his approval and now that all the kids are in school this year, I am making big plans to become a makeup reviewer on youtube. Am I afraid of criticism? Yes! I am a 36 year old mother of 3, who also happens to be a little over weight, (ok, a lot overweight), I don't have perfect, flawless skin or beautiful, perfectly straight white teeth, but that doesn't mean I can't do this. 

I know I am bound to get some rude comments here or there by some twatwaffle because everyone nowadays has an opinion about everything! I hope it's a good journey and a fun one. Do I want to be successful at it? Sure I do. Do I hope to have a ton of viewers and maybe make a little cash? Of course I do. Although, the money isn't the reason I'm wanting to do this. It's because it seems fun and enjoyable. 

Finally, the way I see this is........ If I can spend my money to purchase a product and give a review to someone else who may or may not want to purchase the item and it helps them make a decision, then I've done something good and something that I enjoy doing. I also hope to make a lot of new friends and maybe help someone else in their new journey to doing makeup reviews. Other people may be struggling with their ideas and their decision to be a makeup reviewer. Don't let anyone stop you. Don't let fear stop you. Do what you love. I know I will. So, with that being said, please look me up on yt, Felicia Elmore (Felicia E).  https://www.youtube.com/user/FELICIAE1982    
 I will be uploading my first video within the next 10 days or so. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts